This Policy holds important information about how www.lawandpracticeblog.com (hereinafter referred to as ‘Website’) collects, uses, maintains and discloses information that may be collected from you when you use or access or avail our services through the website. For the purpose of this policy, a ‘User’ includes any person who visits the Website for any purpose and for any period of time.
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
By using the website, you agree to abide by the following Policy. If you do not wish to agree to any conditions below, kindly refrain from accessing the website.
- The website makes use of log files, which generally includes information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and the number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. [Hereinafter referred to as “log information”]
- The website adopts generic security measures to protect against unauthorized access, therefore, we do not guarantee the security of any information obtained through an unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and/or other factors that may compromise the security of user log information.
- The website does not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make log information commercially available to any third party, except as provided hereinafter.
- The website reserves the right to transfer log information to another party as a result of merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets to another party.
- The website utilizes generic WordPress available plugins to collect information of the users through fill-up forms. Such information is received by the Website only when a user chooses to submit the form. The information collected is not used for marketing purposes.
- The website collects information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
- The website does not employ any standardized measures to prevent data breaches and relies only on WordPress enabled security measures which are available as generic plugins.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- A user can request that we erase any personal data we hold about him/her. This does not include any data that the website is obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on the website you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Guest submissions policy
- The Law & Practice Blog welcomes submissions of original, previously unpublished content, for inclusion on the blog as guest posts. If accepted, they will be edited and posted by the Website’s editorial team. A Submission does not guarantee publication. By contributing a submission to the Website, the user agrees to any modification of the submission before publishing.
- The website reserves all rights to modify the contents submitted by the user and make commercial use of the said content from time to time.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- When visitors leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Comments shall be moderated by the Website administrators before they appear on the blog. Comments shall not be allowed inter-alia if they ’are obscene or defamatory; or consist of ad hominem phrases.